Our events in 2017
Every year, the Think tank Sport and Citizenship organises workshops, conferences and round tables gathering stakeholders and policymakers in sport.
- March 8th and 9th: Sport and Citizenship took part in the EU Sport forum in Malta, the main platform for structured dialogue between European institutions and sports stakeholders. Its primary objective is to evaluate the progress made in the implementation of the EU’s sports agenda and to look at stakeholders’ points of view concerning their activities –whether they be current, intended or eventual. We also took part in the EU Youth forum, a continuation of the first event, from the 10th to the 13th of March in Malta.
- March 17th: Our Think tank was partner of the debate organised by UFOLEP 44 (Nantes – France). This was the occasion to reflect on sport and it values through the main question “How do sport and physical activity contribute to citizenship?”
- On March 24th, Sport and Citizenship‘s General Meeting was held at the MAIF Social Club.
- Our newest journal has been published. Written in partnership with Fédération Nationale Profession Sport et Loisirs (National Federation of Employment Sport and Leisure), this 38th issue will explore the topic of employement in sport. More information.
- April 19th: Sport and Citizenship is a partner of the conference organised by the Centre français des fondations about Sport and Education. The event took place at Paris Assas.
- April 19th and 20th: The final PASS Project workshop was held in Frankfurt. More information.
- April 24th: In partnership with Fédération Nationale Profession Sport et Loisirs (National Federation of Employment Sport and Leisure), Sport and Citizenship organised a conference on the topic of “Sport and Employment” at CESE in Paris. See the pictures
- May 19th: Sport and Citizenship held a lunch-debate about the reconversion of athletes which took place at the French Football Federation. See the Pictures and the report (in French)
- June 3rd: Sport and Citizenship organised a charity football match at Kraainem Football Club in Brussels between MEPs, a team of refugees and representatives of our Think tank. See the pictures
- June 6th: Sport and Citizenship attended the presentation of the European candidacies for the Olympic and Paralympic Games at the European Parliament. For this occasion, a new episode of Sport Corner was filmed on the subject. Watch the Sport Corner (in French)
- Le 13 juin : A convention was signed between the FFF and Sport and Citizenship during the France-England match.
- On June 13th and 14th, Sport and Citizenship attended a Green Play meeting in Tampere. The Think tank is a partner of this European project.
- On June 14th, we also organised a conference intitled ‘E-sport: Is it like the other sports?’ Though e-sport has provoked much enthusiasm, can it truly be defined as a real sport? Read the report (in French) and see the pictures
- June 19th: Sport and Citizenship organised a conference about Volunteering in Sports in Clermont-Ferrand (France) as part of the V2S European project.
- On July 21st, Sport and Citizenship was the partner of the conference a conference “Sport, an economic lever for the Aix-Marseille-Provence region”
- The special feature of our journal for our 10th anniversary has been released. More information
- September 5th, we organized with IRIS (The French Institute for International and Strategic Affairs) the debate: “Paris 2024, a multidimentional asset for France”
- September 23rd to 30th: Sport and Citizenship is a partner of the European Week of Sport. Otherwise referred to as Ewos, this is an initiative of the European Comission to promote sport and physical activity in all of Europe. The far-reaching #BeActive campaign aims not only to promote sport but to encourage Europeans to be active during the European Week and for the entire year.
- On the 26th September, Sport and Citizenship organised a conference on doping in partnership with the UNSS. >> See the pictures
- September 29th, the Think tank will hold a debate called “Active Schools, Active Kids” to present the publication “Mapping of school sport in Europe” realized in partnership with the International School Sport Federation
- September 29th: We organised a round table about “Sport and Citizenship in Europe” in partnership with the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the French representation of the European Commission
- September: Journal n°39 will be released at the end of the month and will be about sport in schools in order to conclude the European project ASC.
- October 6th, Sport and Citizenship organised with Alliance Europa a special day on the integration of refugees through sport, in Nantes.
- October 17th: Sport and Citizenship is a partner of UP Conferences about physical activities in schools
- November 13th: The third edition of “The debates for solidarity in Sport” will take place in Paris. This year’s conference will be on ‘Sport and reconversion’. >> Inscriptions and Informations
- November 29th, 30th and december 1st: The final conference of the SEDY Project will be held in Amsterdam. >> Register
- Our 40th journal will be about disabled youth in order to conclude the SEDY European project.
- In December we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary!
- December will mark the organisation of the European PASS Project’s final conference.
- 4th December: The Think tank will organise the Plénière CRCS conference.
- 18th December: Sport and Citizenship will have a scientific and academic conference about gender equality.