Shaping the new generation of active kids !
28 september 2018
10:00 – 13:00
La Tricoterie – 158, rue Théodore Verhaegen – 1060 Saint-Gilles
Active kids are healthier, happier and more successful; however, today’s kids are part of the least active generation in history. So how can we turn that around?
We know that the first ten years of life are critical for laying the foundation for future active behaviors. This is why quality coaching and positive experiences with sport in school help children stay active. But how do we encourage primary schools to give more importance to physical activity and help kids reach their best potential? How can we work together to make a difference?
Sport and Citizenship, together with Nike and FESI, are happy to invite you to an inspiring session with the leaders in the field from government, education and sport. Join us to discuss ways forward in creating a more active generation.
09:00 : Coffee & Registration
10:00 : Introduction
- Bogdan WENTA, Member of the European Parliament, Vice-President of the Sport Intergroup by video message
- Maria Luisa FERNANDEZ ESTEBAN, Deputy director, Sport Unit, European Commission
- Laurent THIEULE, President of Sport and Citizenship
10:15 : Why should we focus on schools ?
- Dan BURROWS, Senior Director EMEA, Global Community Impact, Nike
10:30: Panel Debate, moderated by Marine Marck
- Richard BAILEY, Head of Research, ICSSPE / The benefits of physical activity for younger age group
- Wendelin Huebner Director Key City Activation Berlin adidas AG / The 360° Action
- David BLOUGH, Director, Play International /
- Ivar Oosterveld Vice President, Legal Department Foot Locker Europe B.V
11:30: Interview with a special guest, stay tuned to discover who will join us !
- Jérôme PERO, Secretary General, FESI
12h00 l Signing Ceremony of the Brussels Active Kids Statement
12h15 | Networking lunch