« Integration of elite athletes into the labour market through the valorisation of their transversal competences »
Under the observation that elite athletes struggle to integrate the workplace after their athletic career, the importance of promoting and supporting dual careers is clear. The European project aims to obtain recognition of athlete’s “soft skills”, acquired throughout their professional sporting career, so that the recognition can give them a competitive edge on the job market.
The project is led by Federacion Andaluza de Natacion (Spain), and is further composed of 11 additional partners that are:
- Universitat de les Illes Balears (Spain)
- Sport and Citizenship (France)
- Federaçao Portuguesa de Natacao (Portugal)
- Fundaçao do Desporto (Portugal)
- Lietuvos Sporto Federaciju Sajunga (Lithuania)
- Udruzenje Gradjana Olimpijski Komitet Bosne I Hercegovine Saraj (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
- Univerza v Ljubljani (Slovenia)
- The International Centre for Sport Security Europe (UK)
- Greater Manchester Community Basketball (UK)
- Centro Sportivo Italiano (Italy)
- Fundacion del Centenario del Sevilla FC (Spain)
The project will run for 24 months, starting January 2018 with the Kick off meeting to be held in Seville (Spain).
Sport and Citizenship’s role throughout this project lies with the results’ dissemination and exploitation.